Wednesday, 28 May 2008
- Fitness - fine, in great shape (but somehow putting a bit of weight back on)
- "Skillz" - fine, for the route I plan
- Risk - pretty low, again based on the route I've got planned
- Consequences of falling off - potentially nasty
So it's one of those "low risk but serious consequences" situations, like riding on a metre wide track by a 1000ft drop. You know that there is virtually no chance of falling, but then again, a stray mountain goat could leap out and send you plummeting to doom.
I think I'll still ride, but I'll be riding the skill-compensator.
Saturday, 24 May 2008
2. Eating everything in sight on return (after four Torq Bars and a gel)
3. Hot dogs (see 2)
4. The film (see title)
5. Half Man Half Biscuit - Achtung Bono
Thursday, 22 May 2008
The second was the Jaffa Cakes - I had about 10 of them - my own fault for buying four tubes to entertain people at a lunchtime presentation. I justified this by telling myself they are good energy food.
The third was my first session of anaerobic intervals - I did this outside on the road bike, in the sunshire. Lots of other road bikers out too. Anaerobic intervals involve riding as fast as you can for three minutes, then easing off for five minutes, then repeat - I managed six sets, which I was pleased with. The first didn't really count though as I was held up by a tractor!
Long weekend coming out - I'd really really like to get some long rides in, but I think it'll depend on the weather and how the shoulder is feeling.
Wednesday, 21 May 2008
That sounded a bit rude.
Also - hurrah for the football! I'll say no more...
Monday, 19 May 2008
Taking the road bike out also meant I could try my new wheels. They felt just like the old ones. But they are more shiney, which I think is important. Also, I got to play the "take the bike off the turbo" game for the first time, and I've just done the reverse too. My clean jeans from this morning are now my oily jeans. I might not get away with wearing them to work tomorrow.
Right, up at six for some intervals before work....
Sunday, 18 May 2008
- I wanted to have my best summer riding mountain bikes in various events
- I entered some events
- I went to Spain for a training camp
- I fell off whilst on a "gentle" ride with Jon
- I dislocated my shoulder
- Ow, really
- I couldn't train on a real bike
- I had to get a turbo trainer and spend hours and hours in the garage
So, I've been "dislocated" from the trails to my garage, because I dislocated my shoudler. Hence the name of the blog. Geddit?